St Paul's Millerton 1906 - 1953
St Paul's Anglican church Millerton was opened on 24th March 1906 as a
Mission Hall, with services being conducted with a vicar from Westport. It
was later dedicated as a Church. Due to the declining population of
Millerton in the parish of Granity- Karamea decided to discontinue services
at Millerton in 1953. Church chattels were distributed to other churches in
the district. The pews went to St James's at Waimanagora.The church had
served the community for 48 years.
A common factor with these hill top towns gales were destructive and on the
24th August 1954 the building was blown down.
it was in Blake Street near the Post Office.
(info via Ruth Naylor and photo via Sandra Murphy - rootsweb NZ List - via Trich Devescovi of Westport General and Historical Society )