1. Thomas b. 19 Nov 1848 d. 5 Nov 1883. bur. 8 Nov 1883 Waimea
West. m. Martina Elizabeth Brewerton 9 Dec 1874 Private House,
Birth date from un-named male in register. No. 81 Nelson, 1848.
Nelson Province Electoral Roll 1872. Waimea West freehold sect 8. Waimea West.
Waimea South Deaths: 1883 Nov 5th Thomas Newth, labourer, 34 yrs, son of Mark Newth and Harriet Norris, Purp..ura Heamophag...., buried Nov 8 Waimea West.
Newspaper marriage notice: Dec 9 1874 by the Rev. E Thomas, Mr. Thomas Newth, farmer to Martina Elizabeth Brewerton, Spring Grove.
Witnesses at wedding- Edward Robert Higgins and Mary Louisa Lewis
2. John b. 10 Oct 1850 d. 25 Nov 1918. m. 18 Dec 1883 Elizabeth Ann Clemens (b. 1862 & d. 21 Nov 1949), Private House, Picton.
Birth Reg No. 236 Nelson 1850.
John Newth was Mayor of Waihi during the miner's strike of 1912-13.
NZPO Dir. has a John Newth as Publican Blenheim.
Wises 1894-5 Dir. John Newth, Waikakaho.
Probate: John, labourer, Waihi, filed 8 Apr 1919.
Witnesses at wedding: Selina Lacy and William Perry Simmonds.
Electoral Roll 1893: Elizabeth Ann, Waikakaho, domestic duties. (Wairau)
3. Ellen Jane b. 26 Dec 1852. m. 1. John McGlashen 2 Apr 1872 Waimea West
m. 2. Ralph Bob Andrews.
Birth No. 515 Nelson, 1852
On 2nd April 1872 at the residence of the bride, by Rev. W.J. Watkin, Mr John McGlashan of Nelson, to Ellen, daughter of Mr. Newth, Waimea West.
Witnesses at wedding Edward Finny, Ellen Davies.
4. James b. 30 Aug 1856 m. Ann Andrew 24 Apr 1888 St. Michaels, Waimea West.
Birth date from un-named male in register No. 121 Nelson 1856.
Marriage registered 12 Apr 1888 - witness Albert Newth.
5. William b. 17 May 1858 d. 1925 Foxton. m. Sarah Andrew 3 Jan 1888 St. Michaels,
Nelson marriage register has 28 Dec 1887. Witnesses Annie and John Andrew.
Wises directory 1921, 1924, 1926 William, Farmer, Foxton.
Electoral Roll 1893: Sarah, married, Union St. Foxton.
6. Clara b. 9 May 1860 m. James Robson 29 Aug 1878 St. Michaels, Waimea West.
Un named Newth Reg. no. 220 Nelson 1860.
Newspaper marriage notice: On the 29th August 1878, at St Michael's Ch. Waimea West, by Rev. C.O. Mules, Mr. James Robson, jnr to Miss Clara Newth. Marriage Register 24 Aug 1878.
Witnesses James Robson and M. Newth.
7. Emily b. 29 Oct 1862 d. 12 Mar 1909. m. Walter Lange 23 Dec 1903 Foxton.
Un-named female Newth Reg no. 247 Nelson 1862.
Married at a private house, witnesses Winifred Newth and Mary Newth.
Death notice in newspaper: On 12th March, 1909 at Wellington, Emily wife of Walter Lange of Apuka St., Brooklyn, third daughter of Mark Newth Snr. Aged 46yrs.
8. Albert Edward b. 26 Jul 1864. m. Sarah Buschl 8 Jan 1901 Reg. Office, Nelson.
Birth Reg No. 283 Nelson, 1864
Marriage registered in Nelson 2 Aug 1901
1919 Nelson Electoral Roll: Labourer, Hope.
Witnesses at wedding Michael and Annie Buschl.
9. Mark b. 1864 d. 1935 m. Annie Millward 19 Apr 1888 St. Michaels, Waimea West.
Marriage register in Nelson dates 14 Apr 1888. Witnesses at wedding: H. Newth and L. Millard
Wises 1894-5 Dir. Mark Newth, farmer, Waimea West.
Stones Dir. 1899 Mark Newth, Hop grower, Waimea West.
10. Harriet b. 17 Feb 1867
Also married Walter Lange?
Birth date from un-named female in Nelson register.
Mary A. Newth b. 17.2.1868 according to Waimea West School roll. Admitted to Waimea West School from W.W.2/5/1883 and left 23/10/1884
11. Winfield Norris b. 27 Apr 1870.
Corrected in register from Winfred to Winfield.
Winfield Newth was enrolled at Waimea West School in April 1876 and withdrawn on the 30th Sept. 1885 to work at home.